WHAT A WONDERFUL WORLD
(George Weiss / Bob Thiele)
I see trees of green, red roses too
I see them bloom for me and you
And I think to myself, what a wonderful world
I see skies of blue and clouds of white
The bright blessed day, the dark sacred night
And I think to myself, what a wonderful world
The colours of the rainbow, so pretty in the sky
Are also on the faces of people going by
I see friends shakin' hands, sayin' "How do you do?"
They're really saying "I love you"
I hear babies cryin', I watch them grow
They'll learn much more than I'll ever know
And I think to myself, what a wonderful world
Yes, I think to myself, what a wonderful world
Oh yeah
long time no post ... nevertheless read thru an interesting article regarding having children as investment(thank god i still know how to read) ... some food for thought and I shall post the writing below for the benefit of mankind :) ..... In the agrarian age where agriculture was the key economy and manual labour is required, children are great assets for they can help out in the farm. Indeed, strapping boys are prized in such families! Today, some people still consider having more children to be an investement for the future. When the offspring grow up and become successful, they can look after the parents and shower them with rewards, filial respect and grand holidays. We were raised the mantra: study hard, get a good education, get a good job("Don't be like me!") and you will be success in life. By "good", they meant something like becoming a doctor, lawyer or engineer. So, we do the same thing with our children. Though we may not expect anything, we are ho...
Comments